Thursday, November 20, 2008

Email Surveillance

So I'm in the final stages of my capstone course (yay!) and that means I need to take action on the issue I chose to write about. My topic was email surveillance in the workplace and whether is should be legal or not and considering I just learned how to create a web video I thought I'd post it up here and see what kind of responses I could get...

Email surveillance has demonstrated to be both beneficial and effective for companiess, yet studies have also shown employees develop a sense of fear, distrust, and stress while working under such monitoring activities. So I developed a solution for companies to consider: TALK TO YOUR EMPLOYEES! EXPLAIN WHY YOU NEED TO MONITOR THEM!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your solution cracked me up. It amazes me how companies can shy away from the importance of communication. When doing your research did you happen to see any variation between company type and degree of monitoring? I was just wondering if certain companies, like an insurance company for example, monitored their employees more than an advertising agency, or any number of combinations.
Good topic by the way, it is not something that is widely done for Capstone, kudos.

Yolanda Catalina said...

Wow I found this rather interesting. I hadn't read much about it but you sure make me want to go out there and research.